What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government provides supplementary funding for schools and academies to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport.
This money presently equates to £16000 per school per year plus and extra £10 per child. So for 2020-21, Hazel Community Primary School will receive £19,190 in PE and Sport Premium funding.
At Hazel we understand the importance of being active and participating in team and competitive sports. We also understand the need to actively support and develop children's physical and mental health and wellbeing.
We teach PE and Sport as per the National Curriculum in an inclusive and exciting way. We supplement this with a wide range of after-school clubs, and our involvement in local sports partnership activities.
How do we use the Sport Premium Funding?
At Hazel, we use the PE and Sport Premium in the following ways:
- PE and Sports Clubs run by staff
- New sports equipment for the school
- CPD (training) opportunities for staff
- Participation in sporting events across Leicester
- Transports to sporting events across Leicester
- Building links with local sports clubs
- Running of lunchtime sports clubs
- Delivering swimming lessons to children in Key Stage 2
Evidencing the Impact of the PE and Sport Premium - Current Report
Evidencing the Impact of the PE and Sport Premium - Previous Reports