PE & Sport Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government provides supplementary funding for schools and academies to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport.
At Hazel we understand the importance of being active and participating in team and competitive sports. We also understand the need to actively support and develop children's physical and mental health and wellbeing.
We teach PE and Sport as per the National Curriculum in an inclusive and exciting way. We supplement this with a wide range of after-school clubs, and our involvement in local sports partnership activities.
How do we use the Sport Premium Funding?
At Hazel, we use the PE and Sport Premium in the following ways:
- PE and sports clubs run by staff
- New sports equipment for the school
- CPD (training) opportunities for staff
- Participation in sporting events across Leicester
- Transports to sporting events across Leicester
- Building links with local sports clubs
- Running of lunchtime sports clubs
- Delivering swimming lessons to children in Key Stage 2
Click Here to find out more information from the Department for Education.
Evidencing the Impact of the PE and Sport Premium - School Reports
The school annual report is due on 31st July each year for the end of the current academic year.
Hazel PE and Sport Premium Impact Review 2021-22 (31st July 2022)
Hazel PE and Sport Premium Impact Review 2020-21 (31st July 2021)