Safeguarding is part of every aspect of school life including, but not limited to:
- The curriculum we teach
- How we organise school trips and visitors to the school
- The school site and its security
- Administering medicines and first aid
- Attendance and punctuality
- Recruiting staff and their training
- Staff and visitor conduct
- Managing allegations against staff
- Family support
- Behaviour policy and exclusion from school
- Physical intervention
- Child protection (actions taken to protect children when we become aware that they may have been at risk of or have suffered harm)
Safeguarding and child protection is the responsibility of every member of the school community.
Mr Hansen, the Headteacher, is the Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL) for Safeguarding and Child Protection.
If we suspect a child may have been at risk of harm or have already suffered harm, we will work with Leicester City Council social services and/or the police to prevent further harm happening. Whilst we will always endeavour to discuss our concerns with parents there may be rare occasions and specific circumstances where we take action without discussing this first with parents or carers. DSLs regularly attend meetings with the Local Authority in cases of Child Protection, or to support Children in Need.
If you need any additional support to ensure your child grows up in the best possible circumstances, there are people in school who can help you, or put you in touch with the right people
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Mr D Hansen - Headteacher
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSL's)
Mrs S Maxwell - Assistant Headteacher
Mrs R Rhodes - Assistant Headteacher (SENDCO)
Miss C Thorpe – Attendance Officer
Mrs V Mann - Learning Mentor