Good To Be Green
We teach every child to Go for Green at Hazel. This is our way of promoting good attendance, behaviour and uniform standards. Please see the information document below.
Hazel written statement of behaviour principles
At Hazel Community Primary School, we want every child to learn with Hazel Pride every day. We believe in maintaining a school environment that allows every child to succeed and reach their full potential in life.
- Every pupil understands they have the right to feel safe, valued and respected, and learn free from the disruption of others
- All pupils, staff and visitors are free from any form of discrimination
- Staff and volunteers set an excellent example to pupils at all times
- The behaviour policy is understood by pupils and staff
- Rewards and sanctions are used consistently by staff, in line with the behaviour policy
- The exclusions policy explains that exclusions will only be used as a last resort, and outlines the processes involved in permanent and fixed-term exclusions
- Pupils are helped to take responsibility for their actions
- Families are involved in behaviour incidents to foster good relationships between the school and pupils’ home life
The governing body also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.
This written statement of behaviour principles is reviewed and approved by the governing body every year..