We are really busy with our learning in school, and there are lots of things that you can do at home to help as well. These are our Three Top Tips for helping your child as they begin life at school:
• Practise getting themselves dressed and undressed, including putting on a doing up their own coat.
• Practise writing their name. All the children received a laminated name card and a whiteboard pen. Please use it to keep practising!
• Sing a lot of songs and read a lot of stories! Books and songs are brilliant and we want the children to experience as many as they can. If you want some more books to share, remember to come to our library in the Community Hall after school on Fridays!
Other Important Information:
Please share books and stories with your children as often as possible. They will enjoy you reading the books to them. Ask your children to talk about what they liked in the story and give them opportunities to look at the pictures and ask questions themselves.
All the children will now have a library book. These can be kept at home and brought in every Friday to be changed for a new one.
The children have their own reading book and reading diary. The book will be at an appropriate level for their ability. Please help to read it by identifying sounds and talking about the pictures. Record any reading they have done in their reading diary so their teachers can see what they have been up to!
We will occasionally send home some work for you to do with your children. This will usually involve some cutting, colouring or craft activity. We always want the homework to be FUN and we love to see what the children have done when they bring it back into school!
Our PE days are Monday and Friday. Please make sure that you child has their PE kit in a labelled bag on their peg. Please PUT THEIR NAME in all items of clothing so that nothing gets lost.
Long Term Plan
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS);have created a Long Term Plan for the school year, you may view it by clicking on the link below.
The long term plans at Hazel Community Primary School have been written to provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum that will motivate and engage the pupils at Hazel. The Long Term plans may sometimes change due to extra-curricular opportunities and additional visits.
In Autumn 1 our topic was Nursery Rhymes.
We learnt to sing lots of nursery rhymes in school. Perhaps you could ask your child to sing them to you at home as well!
We have based our work around these rhymes. Click on the links to sing along at home!
• Incy Wincy Spider (bbc.co.uk)
• The Grand Old Duke Of York (bbc.co.uk)
• Humpty Dumpty (bbc.co.uk)
• Dingle Dangle Scarecrow (youtube.com)
• Hickory Dickory Dock (bbc.co.uk)
• Oats and Beans and Barley Grow (bbc.co.uk)